Friday, May 19, 2006

Livestock in suburbia?

I saw the most random thing yesterday on the way home....

As I was sitting at the intersection of Glenridge Dr. & Johnson Ferry Road, I watched a very nice black Toyota pickup truck pull out of one of the upscale neighborhoods...with two BILLY GOATS in the back! In the infamous words of my good buddy Matt...what the pants?!?

Ok, yes I know this is Georgia, and it's not uncommon for people to let their dogs jump in the back of the truck and make a quick trip to the store...but I just don't see someone in a nice suburban neighborhood in Dunwoody saying "hey honey, ive got to run to the store and im taking the kids" (and by kids, I mean baby goats...yes, pun intended), then toss the goats in the back and head on down to Kroger? Hmm...not exactly something you see every day. I'll admit, I had to do a double take.

I laughed half the way home, and wondered what type of livestock or maybe even exotic animal I might see hanging out of the sunroof of a Lexus on Ashford-Dunwoody tomorrow...;o)

3 comments:

AllisonGail said...

Too funny! This reminds me of when we took my friend's goats back to FL from here. People would look at us with the strangest faces. The best faces were when we had to transfer the goats from the cage in the back of the truck into the trailer at a gas station! We had to carry them one by one and make sure they didn't escape out of the trailer. Then we had to move the cage into the trailer and get the goats back in the cage. People with children got the biggest laugh b/c the goats would poo as we picked them up to carry them!

Anonymous said...

That is random...but the other day I saw a deer which didn't make me bat an eyelash at first. But then I remembered I'm in downtown freaking St Louis!! What the pants for sure! And of all things, guess what the deer did? He tried to bust his way into a Hooters through the sliding glass door! Must have been a male deer...

Beth said...

Oh my gosh! Billy goats and cows and chickens are everywhere here! It's an everyday affair to dodge them - even on highways! Isn't that weird??