Thursday, May 11, 2006

I got tanked!!

And no, I don't mean that in the way you're thinking! Yesterday during lunch, I decided to stop for gas on the way back to the office. As I was listening to Q100 and pulling into the gas station, I heard them say to be caller 100 to win free gas for a month....and guess what, I WON!! Wahoo! The DJ thought it was hilarious that I was actually at the gas pump as I was winning, talk about irony!

Now here's the funny twist to the story...

So, as I pull up to the pump, my gas gauge is literally on E (yes, I procrastinated filling up when the gas light came on the day before, but I figured I would just stop on the way to work). What I didn't know (because im a new Costco customer, and this was the first time I used their gas station), was that they only accept American Express or their Costco card, to which I had neither...AND no cash on me. Normally this would not be a big deal, I would just drive across the street to another gas station, except there is NO gas station anywhere near there or within a few miles of the office. At this point, im running pretty late to get back from lunch. I figured I probably had enough gas to get back to the office, but I had no idea whether or not I could make it from there to find another gas station in the opposite direction.

When I left the office that afternoon, I prayed all the way down the parking deck that if I could just make it to the gas station, that would be super. :) I've never driven so easy in all my life - usually my lead foot likes to take the lead, but I was barely tapping the gas pedal for fear of using up the fumes I was probably running on by then. To make it more interesting, it was pouring down rain...wouldn't that just be the most fun time to run out of gas...rush hour traffic and torrential downpours? Nice!

Luckily I made it to the gas station with a sigh of relief. And next week, ill make sure my gas light doesn't come on before I fill up, compliments of Q100! ;o)

No comments: