Monday, May 15, 2006

Is it Sunday already?

I love the weekends...when else can you cram as much fun as humanly possible into a 48 hour period and not worry the least bit about sleep deprivation? (hrm...or maybe thats just me....but I refer you back to my motto in my very first blog.."ill sleep when im dead!") Sleep is highly overrated. This weekend, just like so many others, brings a smile to my face when I think of all the fun and excitement it brought about. I won't bore you with a play by play, but here's some of my highlights...

- New roomies
- Root, root, rooting for the home team with 25 of my closest buds
- Fireworks in the city skyline
- New friends
- Random detours around Atlanta (and when I say around, I mean AROUND...literally)
- Salsa shaking my 'bon bon'
- Late night heart to hearts in good company
- Sleeping in, even when we have a ton of things to accomplish
- One word...IKEA...enough said.
- Doing laundry, FINALLY
- Family dinners, lots of love and Grandmommie's home made cookies
- Amazing baptism testimonies
- Crawling into bed at 1am Sunday night, thoroughly exhausted, but already anxious to do it again next weekend..

Have I mentioned lately that I love my life...?

"Praise be to you, O Lord...Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you' you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."
- 1 Chronicles 29:10-13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to mention it when it shows. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I missed Grandmommie's homemade cookies?!?!