Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm in love...

...with my new ipod Nano!!! Now I can literally take the soundtrack to my life everywhere!

Yes, I know it took me a little while to get with the times - I'm usually the one on top of the latest technology (because im a techie nerd at heart, with a super cool exterior), but hey a single workin' girl's gotta pay the bills. Anywho, so last Saturday I finally spent about 4 hours loading my entire cd collection onto Iggy (yes, Iggy the ipod, I named it - I name everything-my car, our apartment, the plastic fish that used to sit on my desk...im retarded, deal with it), and started creating some really fun playlists. I love the fact that I can create crazy playlists like "Cheesy 80's Music" or "Line Dancing Songs"....anything to fit my mood! And I love the fact that if I want to pop in my earbuds and practice my John Travolta-esqe strut to the Bee Gee's 'Stayin' Alive', I can without ridicule from the outside world, because noone knows what im actually listening to!

I love music. I love to listen to it almost 24 hours a day, and I have been known to bust out in just about any song when random conversation triggers my almost ridiculously accurate memory of lyrics. I may not be able to tell you what I ate for breakfast yesterday, but I can spout out every single line of "Ice Ice Baby" on a moment's notice. (pitiful, yes I know - but you wouldn't believe how many times my lyric knowledge has come in handy!)

Seriously, if it weren't for the sheer fact that I would appear socially exclusive, I would wear my headphones everywhere I went. I can drown out the world, and surround myself in my guilty pleasure...music. It's my outlet, its my expression, and now thanks to Apple it's always at my fingertips!

Iggy, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship... :o)

No comments: