Monday, April 28, 2008

Busy is an understatement...


Do not adjust your screen. This is not an illusion. Yes, my Red Bull can is practically the size of my head.

And that's a good thing. :)

It's a good thing because yes, I may be tired sometimes and yes, my calendar for the next several months is ridiculously full...but it's full with so many exciting options that I feel overwhelmingly blessed. 2008 is turning out to be a year full of incredible journeys, experiences and once in a lifetime opportunities. I think that I have walked into probably the most complex "busy season" of my entire life, and I intend to savor every moment of it.

Here are just a few highlights of my adventures to come over the next 6 months:

1. DRIVE - next week I get to play a small role in helping our staff teach over 2100 church leaders from around the country all the in's and out's of how we do ministry...what has worked for us, what hasn't, and most importantly, help equip and encourage them to go back to their parts of the world and create irresistible ministry environments where people can come to learn about God and experience His love and grace. I can't even describe the coolness of this conference - you'd have to see it for yourself.

2. The continual opportunity to pour into the lives of 25 high school girls that i've been leading and tracking with for 3 years now. They're almost juniors, i can't believe it. I'm so honored and humbled (and sometimes terrified) that I get to be a person of influence in their lives. Someone who gets to love them, laugh with them, cry with them and invest in them...and hopefully keep them from making some of the mistakes I have growing up. We get to spend a week at the beach this summer again for our annual camp, The Walk. It's always an incredible time of bonding, sharing and learning. LOVE IT. LOVE THEM. These girls continue to challenge me in ways I could never imagine.

3. The honor of walking alongside and standing at the altar as two of my best friends, Rosie and Cristin marry two amazing men that God has clearly chosen for them. It has been such a privilege and blessing to watch these two extraordinary women meet, fall in love with, and now prepare to share the rest of their lives with such great guys. And I am so blessed to be able to have witnessed all of it. I couldn't be happier for them and I feel so truly honored that they have asked me to be part of their special days!











4. LDR...one of the biggest catalysts in my life four short years ago when I was desperately wanting to get 'connected' and do life with other singles who were on the same page as me. I have met so many people and been touched by some incredible communicators who have taught me and challenged me...and now i'm blessed to get to be on the planning side of this event. I'm always so excited that I get to be creative and help put this event together with my dear friends in mind - knowing that it's such a great weekend for connecting and growing. Just plain awesome.

5. And for this last one, I barely have words. I'm completely blown away by the fact that God is going to use me to hopefully play a small role in helping connect college ministries for students on the other side of the world. This year I will be traveling to Australia. Not once, but twice! I'll be part of a team that's leading the Sydney leg of the Passion World Tour. I could write an entire book on this, but i'll just wet your appetite for now. MUCH more on this in blogs to come.

Fasten your seatbelts folks, it's about to be a crazy ride. And i'm rollin' full speed with the top down...care to join me? ;)


Jamie

1 comment:

James said...

Wow that is really great stuff. Congrats on all the opportunities.