Saturday, February 09, 2008

Jamie's Travels

Lately i've had the insatiable appetite to want to travel...a lot. There are SO many places that I have yet to go. If it wasn't for such a tight budget, I would have hit a lot of the spots already. Here's my top 10 list of places I want to see at some point in my life:

10. Colorado...I want to see what it's like to try 'real' skiing.
9. Washington D.C.....sadly I have yet to tour our nation's capital.
8. Paris...the land of the Eiffel Tower and the french-kiss...my kinda place ;)
7. Hawaii...I want to learn to do the hula!
6. China...I'd love to see that many people crammed into one city - but i'd have to pack my own food - I don't eat chinese food. :)
5. Australia...let's put another shrimp on the barrrrrrby. haha
4. Tahiti...four words: over-the-water bungalos. Ahhh.
3. Ireland...i've heard it's one of the most beautiful places to revel in God's creation.
2. England...I want to see where my family came from, and visit the cousins i've never met.

and the number one spot I want to vitst.....

1. Florence - pasta and the city of romance...what more could a girl want?



Ok your turn...where is the one place you want to visit that you have yet to see?


Jamie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog entry!

I gotta see Alaska, and I'd love to see many of the cities in Italy (maybe i need to spend a month there!). There are also many places here in Georgia I still wanna see... Cloudland, Providence Canyon, Taccoa Falls to name a few...

Jerry said...

I'm pretty lucky that I've been able to travel through most of the United States previously, and it's still one of my favorite things to do. I always prefer to travel by car because it makes the trip seem complete. When I arrive somewhere by plane, I feel like there is some part of the story left out and I'm just starting a new chapter without finishing the last one. I'm all about the journey...

As far as my #1 place to go. I have been to Eastern Europe several times on mission trips, but I really want to go back with just one other person and travel all over Eastern Europe by dual sport (on/off-road capable) motorcycles. Staying in out of the way hotels or just camping would be awesome to me. I enjoy visiting the less tourist attracting locations so I can really connect with a place.

Anonymous said...

prague! everyone i know who has been there has told me i would fall in love with that place! my own mother told me it's hand down where i belong! one day... SOON i hope!

Annette said...

I'll join you in Ireland :) wanna join me in Africa?

vedderisbetter said...

just one? well I do what I want!

1. Australia
2. Alaska
3. Spain
4. Italy
5. Greece
6. Boston
7. Africa