Monday, November 26, 2007

Family, Food, Freaks and Football...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! So many fun memories - here's a quick recap of my weekend...

First, it started off with our usual massive family Thanksgiving lunch. In the words of Buddy the Elf, my family is kinda "ginormous"...so we all gather at the FBC of Smyrna for our traditional lunch. Homemade dishes as far as the eye can see, Turkey and desserts galore...we're all stuffed when we leave there, ready for an afternoon nap!

Then, it's on to my sister's house for our annual shopping extravaganza/slumber party! My sisters, my cousin Julie and I all spend Thanksgiving night together every year, watching Christmas movies, eating leftovers, and getting ready for our early morning shopping rush on "Black Friday" with all the other crazy shoppers! This year we hit the Mall of Georgia, and we were not disappointed. When we hit the parking lots at 4am (yes, I said 4AM)...you would have thought it was the middle of the afternoon...it was packed!! If you ever want to get in some GREAT people watching, head to any local mall the day after Thanksgiving. It's sure not to disappoint - and you might find a good deal here and there too...if you get there early enough!

After 12 hours of fighting crowds, being silly and burning a hole in our checkbooks, it was time to unload our SUV that was busting at the seams, and head home to collapse. I made it home just in time to drop my bags and pass out on the couch...needing to rest up for Saturday's big tailgate!

Saturday morning brought cooler temperatures and the anticipation of an afternoon full of exciting football! We all decked ourselves out in our respective team colors (GO DAWGS!) and headed downtown for a little friendly rivalry fun. It was a great afternoon of hanging with friends and cheering my boys on to victory! And we even got to witness a Tech fan relieving himself off the side of the bridge onto the interstate....uh, yeah....gotta love those college kids.

And...to wrap up the weekend with a big red bow, we watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation last night while eating cookies by the Christmas Tree. I have so much to be thankful for always, this perfect weekend was yet just another reminder!

Ahhh....let the Christmas season begin!

1 comment:

vedderisbetter said...

wow! that was a lotta pple at Thanksgiving! Them Waddy's know how to do it!

Glad to see I made your blog, even if I'm not at my manliest.