Friday, November 09, 2007

Beauty

Sorry for my absence...i've been sick the past few days. Yet another thing i'm thankful for - cold medicine. :)

Day 8: Today I am thankful for beauty.

Yesterday I was blessed to experience one of the most peaceful, beautiful drives i've ever been on. There's something freeing about driving across 4 states by yourself. I took the seven hours to just relax, and enjoy some quality time of solitude...something I haven't had in large quantities in a while. As I drove through the Tennessee mountains and on into Kentucky, what I witnessed before the sun went down was nothing short of breathtaking. It was mile after mile of rolling hills and mountains painted with the most amazing hues of amber, yellow, burnt orange and crimson that i've ever seen. And then I thought about something that my roommate reminded me of the other day - the leaves are changing color because they are dying. God could have chose to just make the leaves fall off the trees in a dreary way, but instead - He made it a beautiful process that we get to admire and enjoy.

Thank you God for giving us beauty, even in death.

No comments: