Saturday, June 10, 2006

How great is our God!

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast."
-Psalms 139:8-10

Tonight I tried to see just how far the far side of the sea is...and it's impossible. As I went for a walk on the beach this evening at dusk, and stood on the shore underneath the most gorgeous full moon i've ever seen, I strained my eyes to see how far I could possibly see... to catch a glimpse of what? I'm not quite sure. But what blows my mind is the fact that even though I can't see beyond the scope of the human eye, God can. He can do the impossible - He can see the farthest side of the sea, the heavens and everything in between, and doesn't even bat an eyelash doing so. He also sees the depths of my heart, and still showers me with grace, in spite of myself. Great is His faithfulness!
You're the name above all names
You are worthy of all praise
And my heart will sing
HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD...

2 comments:

Bagwell's said...

Hey Jamie! I didnt know you had a blog til I saw a link somehow from someone who got to my blog from yours. I'll have to add you! I hope you are doing fabulous, darling! Happy Wednesday!

Beth said...

Wow, was that the pic you took during your beach walk? Beauty-ful girl! I echo your words. How great He is! How infinite His mercies are! I am happy you got to go to the beach. I'm reminded of a song by the Killers, "Mr. Brightside." I'm a little jealous of you Jamie, but I'm Miss Brightside and things in Swaziland are great. :) See you soon buddy!!