Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ode to Casie

It's never a dull moment at the castle.....the "JC Castle", that is!

Ok so yes, we named our apartment, we're dorks....what else can I say? But maybe the fact that we're just cheesy like that plays into why we constantly have so much fun, and why I absolutely adore my new roommate! Casie, I love your guts...this shout-out's for you!

Now i'll admit, I had quite a few reservations about getting a roommate. In fact, I didn't want one. I was very content living by myself, as I have for the past four and a half years. I've come to enjoy having "my space" (and no, I'm not referring to MySpace, that's a whole different blog for another time, one that will probably be titled "senseless addictions I should probably purge from my life, but im too hooked to let go of..." haha). Having just settled into my new place back in March, getting a roommate was not really on the agenda. Then I met Casie, We became instant friends, and randomly decided to take a road trip to Indiana together, where we had the absolute best time! We decided that we had so much fun, why not do it all the time, and save money too! :o)

Life with Casie, so far, has never been dull. Since she is a lazy teacher and home for the summer, I never know what im going to find her up to when I get home. Monday I came home to find that she had hung a shelf in her room - but the story can't be that simple. The shelf was slanted so far, I dont know how her frames stayed on it - and so were the mirrors that she permanently stuck to the wall behind it...she proceeded to remove them (and part of the sheetrock) with Windex, so that she could straighten them up, and put more holes in the wall to fix the shelf. Needless to say, we were laughing our heads off, and she is no longer allowed to do any decorating in the apartment without direct supervision from me. :)

And to add to the fun, here's part of our conversation while she pushed me around in the buggy (er, I mean "cart"...sorry Casie!) at Target the other day. (yes, you read right, she pushed me around like I was a 5 year old kid...we got a lot of weird stares, but it was fun! :)

Casie: (looking at a dog carrier bag) "Ooh, look how cute this bag is! I have to have it for my dog!"

Jamie: "Uh, Casie...you don't have a dog"

Casie: "Oh yeah..."

Since im a fan of top 10 lists (they're so much fun), here's a list of my top 10 reasons why I love my roomie:

10. We are in each other's space almost 24/7, and have yet to get sick of each other!
9. When either of us is down, we know just what to do to cheer the other one up.....go shopping!
8. You just never know what random comment is going to come out of that girl's mouth at any given time, and it usually makes me laugh my butt off.
7. She loves double cheeseburgers as much as me, and we've been known to venture out in the middle of the night just to satisfy a craving....(we suck, dont we Cas?)
6. She's the best hairbrush singer I know.
5. She has the coolest family ever!
4. She will chase a bug into the hallway, but make me kill it with her shoe.
3. I come home for lunch, and she's still in the clothes she wore yesterday, and just woke up (ahh the life of a teacher, haha)
2. She picked up and moved from small town Indiana to Atl answering the call of God to be involved at NPCC - the girl has such a passion for Jesus, it's incredible! She's on fire for God and it shows in all she does. I truly admire her passionate spirit.

And the number one reason I love my roomie is:

1. Saturday mornings when we sleep late, she'll plop down in my bed and we giggle like we're 14 again while we talk about everything in the world, and plan another exciting weekend - it's a neverending slumber party!

Casie, you've made it to my Blog Wall Of Fame...feel special, 'cause you certainly are in my book - i'm so glad we're friends, and even more glad that we're roomates!

No comments: