Friday, June 09, 2006

On the road again...

This time I flew solo...and it was fantastic! I love half-day Friday's at work!

After sneaking out of work at an astonishing 11:30am (a feat I rarely get to conquer), and having a great lunch (while meeting new friends!), I packed my bags and hit the road for South Carolina...a quick road trip to Hilton Head to spend some quality time with the family for the weekend. Since my parents and siblings were able to take off more work days than me, they were already at the condo - so I drove down alone. There's nothing better than being able to just take some time to close my mouth, open my eyes and ears, and bask in God's unyielding beautiful design in the landscapes all around me.

Apparently I was soaking in His glory a little too fast...or at least that's what my $180 speeding ticket concluded...oops.

Go figure that I drive 90 all the way there, and in the last 40 miles I get a ticket for going 75 in what I thought was a 70 mph zone (which actually turned out to be 60mph). Me and my stinking lead foot...oh well.

But even the speeding ticket couldn't put a damper on what was otherwise a fabulous drive. I just allowed myself to relax and try to clear my mind of all the clutter that has been my daily grind. Reeling in the warmth from the sun as I cruised with the top down, I turned my radio up and belted praise & worship music out at the top of my lungs, not even caring if I was on key! What a beautiful day to enjoy all the gifts God puts on display for us!

I'm here, and now after smothering my nephew in kisses (even though he's grumpy tonight and won't go to anyone but my dad), and spending a little time catching up, im off to go sleep with NO alarm clocks set for the morning! Tomorrow will be a nice relaxing day filled with napping, snoozing, oh and maybe a little relaxing. ;o)

1 comment:

AllisonGail said...

NO alarm clocks in the morning is great! I don't have to set mine anymore! I just wake up at 8:00, eat breakfast, wash my face, brush my teeth, make my bed, dress and head out the door to my new, very relaxed job! Yup it is great!