Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sydney Update: Part 2

We are now half-way into our second day here….yesterday was a long but exciting day. As soon as I rolled off the plane, I went straight to the hotel, dropped off my carryon luggage (sans my actual suitcase) and went straight downstairs to meet with my team for our vision cast meeting. We met with church leaders and campus pastors from all around Sydney in order to give them a better vision and purpose for why we want to bring Passion to their city. It was really great to see all of the leaders across the various ministries and denominations in the same room interacting, connecting and praying together. It’s a rarity here. Please continue to pray for the unity of the body of Christ here.

After the vision cast meeting, it was off to lunch with a few other leaders of campus ministries in the area, and then time for a little sight seeing before dinner. Jen and I walked all around Circular Quay (pronounced key) taking in the sights of the Harbor Bridge, the Botanical Gardens and of course, the infamous Sydney Opera House. It was so cool just to walk through the streets of the city and see all of the diversity amongst the people of Sydney. I’ve also decided that I want to trade in my southern accent for an Australian one…they just sound way cooler than me. ☺

A few minutes back at the hotel trying to catch up on a few emails, then it was off for a team dinner at Wolfie’s on the harbor. I will say that so far, the food here has not been my favorite part, but then again i'm picky. :) The 14 hour time change caught up with me about halfway through dinner, and I could barely keep my eyes open to walk back to the hotel. I passed out at 8:30pm (which would be 5am at home) and got a good solid 12 hours of sleep so I could start off today ready to go.

We got an early start this morning with an awesome breakfast, then after stopping at Starbucks for a little taste of home, its off to an afternoon of brainstorming with our team and a trip to Bondi beach this afternoon just to think outside of the box. Tomorrow will bring visits Christian City Church and Hillsong Church for two of their services, and I am very excited about that…stay tuned for more updates!

Thanks again for all your prayers and encouraging emails…that means so much! Keep praying for the students of Sydney!

And just for fun, this is my favorite pic so far...

Jamie

1 comment:

jnt. said...

thinking of and praying for you, sweet friend! LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
love you!