Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Australia Bound

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
Tomorrow I get another stamp in my passport.
Tomorrow i am going to embark on the adventure of a lifetime, all in the name of serving our great God and making Him known!

Tomorrow I head off to Australia to continue planning and preparations for the last leg of the Passion World Tour. It's absolutely unbelievable that I am even getting to be a small part of this. It's opportunities like this that remind me I should never again doubt God's plan for my life, because it is waaaay better than anything I could ever dream up. :)

Right now I am a mix of emotions. I'm excited about the opportunity to get to travel abroad, and to do so with a purpose. I'm a little nervous because this will be the longest flight i've ever been on, and i'm going it solo. I'm amused at the fact that I have a layover in Tahiti. Yes, Tahiti. (it's a tough life, but somebody's got to do it) I'm a little overwhelmed at thinking about how much needs to be done between now and the actual event in October. And i'm also feeling an overwhelming sense of responsibility to make this event the best it can be so that the students of Australia will walk into an awesome environment, ready to encounter God in a way they haven't before. The thought of it all is a little daunting, but I have no doubt that God has me here for a reason, and I am more than willing to take on the challenge.

Right now I am praying that our team makes it over safely (Jennifer & Garrett tonight and me tomorrow). I pray that God will focus my heart and mind, taking away any distractions that would keep me from doing what He is sending us over there to do. I pray that He will open doors for us and give us multiple opportunities to connect with the students, the church leaders and the campus pastors around Sydney in hopes of spreading the word to as many University students as possible. I pray that I will constantly be reminded that this is not a personal vacation to Australia...that while I can enjoy the trip and the scenery, I am there to do work...God's work, and I will not let myself or my personal desires get in the way of accomplishing the task at hand. And finally I just pray for His hand and provision over any and all plans that are made.

Will you partner with me in prayer for the students of Sydney? I sure hope so!

Be sure to check back often in the days to come, more updates will be on the way! See you on the other side of the world!


Jamie

No comments: