Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Creative Corner #1: Girls Night Out at the Movies!

Welcome to the first installment of Creative Corner! This is where I share with you creative ideas i've come up with (or sometimes snagged from other creative geniuses) and show you the design in action! Because my strong suit is typically event planning - I have a feeling a lot of my creative corners will revolve around events. The first CC is no exception!

This past weekend, I got together with 20 of my favorite gal pals for one of our infamous Girls Night Out events! With everyone's budgets a little tighter this year, we decided to do something that wouldn't break the bank - movie night, with a sweet twist! Because we're girls who love a good chick flick (and let's be honest here, our eyes all get a little twinkle in them when we get to see a woman in a Vera Wang wedding gown), we decided to check out Bride Wars with Kate Hudson & Anne Hathaway.

We had a little fun re-creating the movie poster with two of our own recent brides:















But before we hit the theater, we gathered at my place for a little girl time and some pre-movie treats! If there's one thing I hate, it's spending a fortune on snacks at the movies. I refuse to give up that much of my hard earned money for something I could get for half the price elsewhere (and for something that's going to go straight to my hips anyways)!

So to make things fun, I created a "Candy Bar" (yes, pun intended) for all the girls to choose their own delectible sugary goodness in a pink (of course - we're girls) little "to-go" bag that we could take with us!

Here's some shots of the bar:

We had such a fun night just getting in some quality girl time and taking over the theater, that we decided to do it again next month... the movie of choice? He's Just Not That Into You.




















Let's hear it for a night of estrogen!

Jamie

4 comments:

RachaelStep said...

Yall are too much fun!!!! I LOVE the idea of the Candy Bar!!!

vedderisbetter said...

Wow, there's so much estrogen associated with all this, I feel like I need to put on a pink scarf and a pair of flats just to view it.

Jamie said...

Michael, if you put on a pink scarf & flats I just might let you join us next time. ;)

Kristie said...

Ohh so fun!! Thanks so much for hosting!! I am looking forward to 'He's just not that into you'!