Monday, December 17, 2007

Price check on aisle 2...

Ok, so I apologize in advance for the content of this post...it's written for my girls who understand where i'm coming from. Gentlemen, if you tend to get a little queazy at the mention of certain "girlie issues," you can just stop reading this post right now - I wont be offended. Otherwise, read at your own risk...

This afternoon as I ran a few errands, I made a quick stop at my neighborhood Publix to pick up a few necessities. You know, those "necessities" that we women only have to purchase once a month. At age 27, one would think I would be over it by now, but for some reason I still find it incredibly awkward to purchase said items from someone of the male persuasion. Alas, to avoid such awkwardness I opted to head towards the U-Scan. I ring it up, I bag it up - it's the perfect solution. Well, almost...

As I proceed with scanning my purchases, I hastily avoid the awkward stares from the high school-age boy who is "supervising" the U-Scan lanes. And wouldn't you know it, but there is ONE item in my basket that just absolutely refuses to scan. Yep. Lovely.

As I see him head over to my register, I refuse to make eye contact...I furiously try to scan my purchase so I can just put it in the bag and move along, but nooo...he walks right up and takes it out of my hand! Now i'm utterly mortified. And now the guy at the U-Scan lane next to me has stopped what he is doing to look and see what it is that the cashier is trying to ring up for me. Even better.

Where's the guy in the Dr. Pepper commercial when you need him??

1 comment:

Kelli said...

girl, i am rolling laughing! isn't that how it happens? :)