Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fair WEATHER Fan

Ok, so i'm not actually a fairweathered Braves fan, i've rooted for the home team as long as I've lived in the ATL (which would be my entire life)...but today this title seems apropriate.

Apparently I have been hexed with the "Free Ticket Curse." Every time that I have been given free tickets to a Braves game from work, out of nowhere a mighty monsoon decides to grace Atlanta with its presence. Two months ago I received some tickets the afternoon of the game, and about 10 minutes before we got out of the car a torrential downpour covered the stadium (and us..who had no umbrellas, by the way). We waited out part of the storm like drowned rats with about 60 other fellow soggy fans in the neighboring KFC, only to dash over to the stadium in a lighter downpour and find out an hour later that the game was called. Bummer.

Today was no exception.

I enjoyed a beautiful ride with the top down to a relaxing outdoor lunch with some friends at around noon. At 3pm I was offered 4 fantastic seats to tonight's game, along with a convenient parking pass.

And right on schedule, at 3:30pm the rains, they came a pourin'.

Oh well, maybe they will hold out this time - or maybe i'll just get another shower... :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

AHHHH Jaime, UPDATE!!!!