Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Weekend update with Tina Fey...

Well, as I predicted in my last blog, this weekend certainly did not disappoint. I think I got about 6 hours sleep total over the whole weekend, but it was well worth it. A low key Friday night was followed by a 'get up at the butt crack of dawn for a 3-mile walk in the pouring rain Saturday'. Sounds miserable huh? It was actually a blast! A few of us gals decided that our team was just a little too quiet, so we took it upon ourselves to wake them up with a little booty shakin' fun! Oh yeah, we busted out all the old school dance moves, and even started up a dance party with other teams at the end of the walk! There was no way that we were going to let a little rain ruin our good time, or let it get down the spirits of those who were there for a great cause! You've never done a 5K until you've done the entire thing dancing and singing!

After the walk/dance party, it was off to finish preparing for the evening's big event - Parker's Jimmy Buffett birthday party. An afternoon of hard work paid off with a successful party that was a ton of fun! The CG clubhouse was very festive, donning leis, tiki lights and even "cheeseburgers in paradise" complete with mini umbrellas! A good time was had by all. But the evening was far from over! Oh no, there was still yet even more booty shakin' fun to be had, as a ton of us headed off to Hole in the Wall to dance the night away. I think I rolled into bed about 3am, and one things for sure - 8am came waaay too early. It's mornings like that I remember why I love my coffee maker... :o)

After a Sunday afternoon spent lounging by the pool and reading the last of my small group study for the week, a little early evening nap helped me prepare for another anticipated long week ahead. Ahh, back to the grind, but I cant wait to see what fun adventures next weekend holds as the girls head off on an out-of-state road trip which is sure to bring about more fun filled memories!

No comments: