Friday, February 24, 2006

Let's talk about investments...and no, I dont mean banking...

Ok so I know there's probably some cardinal rule that says you cant post two blogs in one day, but I just have a lot on my mind (and technically its after midnight, so its not the same day hehe), so im throwing caution to the wind! Wooo watch me go..(she says with heavy sarcasm) :o)

Tonight I had an amazing time getting to know two amazing women. In a social group that is so large such as the one my friends and I have, it is often pretty difficult to dig deep and truly invest in a lot of people. But this is my passion, and this is what I feel is key to friendships - investment. Sure, its easy to be that "superficial surface friend" who says hey in passing, maybe throws out a half-hearted 'how's life' when the opportunity strikes, but I strive NOT to be that person - to me its a waste of time. Why hang out with people you're not willing to invest in and grow with? It would be incredibly selfish of me to not reach out to those around me and share with them the joys, wisdom, trials and experiences God has clearly guided me through for a reason. If He wanted us to live our lives in solitude, and to endure good times and bad alone, He would have isolated us all. No, God puts us through some of the trials in our lives because He is inadvertedly using us (whether we know it or not) as vessels to reach out to others. So maybe the next time you're going through something tough that might even make you question God's faithfulness, take a moment and pause. Reflect on it and learn - seek out what He is trying to teach you in that situation, and use it to glorify Him in any way you can. I personally see it as an honor when I can look back on a situation that I went through, and see how God used it, not only to test and teach me, but to touch someone else as well. I am so thankful that He is willing to use me, and that I am able to be that vessel for His kingdom.

And that's what tonight was about. As I sat there listening to these ladies' amazing stories, it warmed my heart, as well as opened my eyes to things in my own life and walk that I might not have seen on my own. I only hope that they had the same experience. Because that's what we're here for - to sharpen each other, and to hold each other accountable to the potential that God has created us to be. Who else but a true friend can hold that mirror to our faces when we dont even want to look ourselves in the eye? If you're my friend and you're reading this...that's what I want. I want you to call me out when you see that im doing something stupid, or maybe not making a wise decision - whether you think it will hurt my feelings or not. Invest in me. I will invest in you. We all become stronger as individuals, and in Christ, and we then in turn share that with those around us, and His light will continue to embrace everything around us until His joy just becomes so darn contagious!

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
~John 15:13

JW

No comments: