Saturday, July 19, 2008

The fasten seatbelt sign has come on...

Buckle up ladies and gentlemen, it's about to get bumpy around here.

Sorry that I haven't written since I got back, God has really just been stirring up so much in my heart that I really just had to take some time to sit on things, process them, and attempt to figure out what it all means. I'm heading into some unfamiliar territory in my life currently, and since I just recently returned from some world travels, I thought the turbulence analogy would only be fitting. :)

Right now my heart and my head are in a place of uncertainty. For the first time in my life, i'm learning how to truly surrender multiple desires close to my heart willingly before it is my only option... that leaves me a little nervous, but definitely willing to rely on God's faithfulness to honor my actions that I feel Him prompting me to act upon. God's gentle tug that i've felt to get out of my comfort zone has only been countered by satan's attempt to distract me with other heartaches and frustrations, and I find myself incredibly vulnerable and stuck in the middle of what seems like a battle between good and evil.

But I do know one thing...I never want to put God in a box.

I never want to limit Him to the sometimes ridiculously insignificant ambitions and plans that I might think up for my life. I have learned that His plans always far exceed anything I could ever dream of. They always will. And I also have to remember that my life is not my own...I was bought with a price and I am not here on this earth to serve my own selfish desires of the flesh. I am here to serve a God that loves me beyond comprehension. And that's what I have to give back...trust beyond all comprehension.

My dear friend and prayer partner, Shae was just reminding me tonight that in times like these we must constantly cling to God's word and bury his scripture in our hearts as a tool to battle the enemy and charge on towards whatever it is God is calling us to do. Tonight I am clinging to the words in Isaiah 41:10 that say:

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

So now I go into this bumpy season of life...I don't know how long it will last, and I don't know where i'll be when I come out on the other side...but I am trusting that God is my seatbelt...He will keep me secure and in His will as long as i'm willing to trust, obey, and not be afraid to follow Him at any cost.

Jamie

2 comments:

Jerry said...

Jamie,

I am so excited to see what God provides for you in the near future. You became an amazing individual when He captured your heart and I'm sure you'll do great things with that love for Him and others. Never lose sight of what He wants and God will comfort you all of the way through. I'm praying for you.

Jerry

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful and so well written. you know as well as i do that being surrendered clay in the hands of the potter can be painful. it can also be frustrating because we have no control... all we are called to do is surrender and yield to him. you are doing just that and i know that you are going to be even more beautiful on the other side :) praying for you dear one. love you!