Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Seclusion

Friday night I ventured to Vevay, Indiana again...where everyone knows everyone, and where I have no cell phone reception (nice). :)

It was kind of nice to just get away, hang with one of my best buds (Casie), and not worry about what parties or social functions I was missing back home. We made our own schedule, and had some good old fashioned small-town fun. We went to Vevay's Annual Swiss Wine Festival, and it was exactly what you envision a small-town festival to be. It was funnel cakes and face painting, country music and corn on the cobb; crafts and carnival rides, and fireworks over the river. We watched a parade down main street, and I even got to judge the cheerleading competition! What fun!

Today, back to reality...but only for 3 days. Thursday it's off to Destin, and I can't wait! If anyone needs me, i'll be somewhere asleep in the sand...

1 comment:

Dan W. Boles said...

Destin is awesome. We just went in October! <;>< d